Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 7: Famous Last Words

Wow what a week this has been. I'll start by saying that I have officially accepted a position at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine for the coming fall! I am so glad to finally have an idea of what the next four years will be like for me. I have already started apartment hunting in Oklahoma City, and am having a small problem because I may or may not have really expensive taste and a college student budget, haha.

Personal photo of my friends and I hanging
out in the snow after class!
I've been thinking a lot about my storybook project this week and am so very excited about it. It's been a little hard to decide how I want to organize it, and has taken a lot of revision, but I am finally so so happy with my introduction, and am really really excited about what I have of my first story. (I'll be posting my first story tomorrow). I just really feel like I've chosen such great characters to write about, and I love writing in first person (which I'll be doing through the entire story book) so I'm really excited to get everything done and up on the website. I hope you guys will like the characters I've chosen and their stories. They are stories which I have read over the years or studied in different classes and really felt a connection to the women characters, so I hope that I can do them and their stories justice.

Other than that I've just really been enjoying the snow this weekend. I actually have never been a fan of cold weather or snow at all.. but I guess its because being from Dallas all we ever seem to get is that stupid icy, sleety, disgusting mix. Not a fan. But this weekend the snow has been so so beautiful! My boyfriend and I even had an impromptu snowball fight this morning while we tried to clean off my car. I lost miserably and was literally covered head to toe in snow by the time it was over, but it was so much fun, and got me so excited about the snow. I kind of wish it would just snow for the whole week... so if that's not a change of heart, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment