Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Google Timer Tech Tip

Okay, wow this is the coolest thing. I had no idea this even existed. How handy! I try to give myself breaks every once in a while when i'm studying and this will definitely be useful in helping to make sure that I actually get back to work after a reasonable amount of time.

Too often I will give myself a break, and an hour later realize, oops, I should have gotten back to work way earlier than right now. I try to set a time limit when i'm giving myself breaks. For instance if I stop to do something else, I'll say "at blah blah time I'll get back to work" but then I get engrossed in something else and miss that time mark. I've never even thought to use a timer really, but what a great idea!

I also think this timer will be helpful in managing my time better. I can sometimes get really nit-picky when I'm studying and if I am not quite sure about something, I can get obsessive over it and end up spending a ridiculous amount of time on it, when I should have just stepped away from it and moved on to another section. I think I will start using this timer when I'm working on problems like this. I'll decide, "Okay, I will work on this for 30 minutes, and if by then I don't understand, I'm going to move on to the next thing and come back to it later." Then I can set the timer for that time to make sure that I actually follow that guideline.

So glad that I found this handy little tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment