Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 13: Famous Last Words

This is me in Arezzo eating delicious gelato.
Trying to pretend I'm there right now.
Taken by my friend Tara.
This week I've really been struggling with inspiration for one of my stories for my storybook project. I am supposed to be writing about Andromache and her marriage to Hector, and I'm about half way through the story and I just am not feeling inspired. I am really disappointed because Andromache and Hector are one of my favorite couples in Greek mythology. I love that they had such a happy marriage. I am really just a huge Hector fan. I'm hoping that by the end of the night, I'll feel a spark of inspiration and really be able to finish the story.

I may be struggling because this week has been so incredibly stressful. I had two projects due for my major microbiology classes and both of them were ridiculously hard and time consuming. This week I have barely had any sleep, and I have just felt completely brain dead since. Not to mention our capstone independent projects are winding down and I have an intensely long paper to write so that I'll be able to graduate looming over my head. Not really a great combination that is conducive to writing. Hopefully though I'll be able to finish it tonight and be happy with it.

One great thing did happen this weekend. My mom came in town for Mom's weekend! I was really excited to see her and have a girl day. We didn't do much, but we had such a fun time. We went to Chuy's and had margaritas. The prickly pear one is back, which is my absolute favorite! Then we went and looked around at houses for lease in Moore, which is where I plan to live with some roommates next year while I attend medical school at OU. It was really fun. She's coming up again next weekend too for my little sister's birthday, so yay for more mom time!

No comments:

Post a Comment